Everything About Partner Visas Australia Applicants Need to Know

Everything About Partner Visas Australia Applicants Need to Know
August 8, 2017 888

Everything About Partner Visas Australia Applicants Need to Know

partner visas australia

If you are considering an Australian partner visa, you are likely to be aware that there are several options available. This can make the process a little intimidating and confusing. So, here is a brief guide to everything you need to know about partner visas.

The Range of Options:

The choice of partner and de facto options for an Australian visa will depend on your circumstances. Whether you are in a relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen, there are visa options available. These partner and de facto visas are available for both heterosexual couples and same sex couples. While it is a good idea to seek professional advice to determine which route is the best option for your circumstances, we will explore these options a little more here.

The 801/820 Visa & Subclass 100/309 Visas:

The most obvious form of partner visa, Australia applicants may consider is the 801/820 or the 100/309, which are the offshore variants. This application route involves a temporary partner visa, which opens up the possibility of a permanent visa. If you’re in a de facto, long term relationship with an eligible New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, this is likely to be the best option for you.

Subclass 461:

This subclass visa is the New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship 461 Visa. This temporary visa is valid for five years, and there is the possibility of renewal. If your partner is a citizen of New Zealand, this could be an option for you.

457 Secondary Applicant:

This de facto Australian partner visa is an option for those whose partner is a holder of a 457 visa. It is possible to be added as a secondary applicant on their visa. However, in order to have a successful application, you will need to prove that your de facto relationship is genuine and you have been with your partner for a minimum of six months.

Subclass 300:

This visa is a prospective marriage visa, so it is open to those who are engaged to a permanent resident or citizen of Australia. The subclass 300 visa or fiance visa requires that you are outside of Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted. It allows you to stay in Australia for up to 9 months while you arrange your wedding and lodge the next stage visa, but there are other criteria that must be met in order to qualify.

If you are thinking about options for partner visas, Australia applicants should speak to us. We can guide you through the Australian partner visa options and help you to determine which option is best suited to your specific circumstances. Our team of advisors is also available to answer any queries you have.

Need Professional Help With The Application Process?

The Visa application process is difficult. It is common for self-prepared applications to get rejected. We know how important it is that your application is approved and we are here to make sure that it does.

If you would like to have your application managed by experts who can get you the best outcome, then call 888 Migration Services and talk with us about how we can help.

Call 1300 94 23 94

Get A Consultation

Alternatively you can get our information pack.

Request Our Information Pack