What Kind of Employment Visa is Required to Work in Australia?

What Kind of Employment Visa is Required to Work in Australia?
January 20, 2017 888

What Kind of Employment Visa is Required to Work in Australia?

Australia needs foreign workers to fill key positions in a variety of industries. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship annually sets a number of places for skilled migrants. This allows employers to sponsor suitable foreign workers and give them an opportunity to legally work in Australia. In all instances, an appropriate visa is required, here are some of the options that are available.


Employer Sponsorship:

Getting sponsorship for an Australian employer is a great way to get to work in the country. Employers can sponsor foreign workers that are nominated from the Consolidated Skilled List (COSL). A number of requirements need to be fulfilled, and then employers can pursue their skilled foreign applicants. Employer sponsored visa are usually from one of the following sources: a 457 visa, a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa or an Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa.

The 457 visa has eligibility requirements, including employer sponsorship, visa application, and position nomination. Both the RSMS and the ENS only have two of those stages, sponsorship, and nomination.

State Nomination:

A visa to work in Australia can also be obtained via a nomination from a particular state or territory. This requires that the applicant expresses an interest in working in a regional area and then they can lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI). An invitation may then be received, then the applicant must display their eligibility for work by fulfilling the following requirements.

The applicant must be at least 18 years old and no older than 49.
They must have competence in the English language
They must choose an occupation from either the SOL or CSOL
They must have a skills assessment test carried out by a Skill Assessing Authority
They must meet the Points Test

General Skilled Migration:

The General Skilled Migration (GSM) process is available for workers that have experience in an occupation listed on the SOL and CSOL. Applicants don’t require sponsorship if they can meet the points test without it, but they must meet all the other requirements.

General Advice:

Migrating to a different country can be a very stressful experience, but there are some things that you can do to make the process easier. It is a good idea to be prepared and have on hand any qualifications and proof of work experience documentation that may be required. If your English skills are poor, it is a good idea to improve them prior to application to improve your chances further. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the process, it may be a good idea to use a migration specialist that can offer valuable help and advice.

If they are interested in an employment visa, Australia based foreign workers should contact us. At 888 Migration we have a wealth of experience in helping people to migrate to Australia. Get in contact with us, and we will be happy to discuss your unique circumstances in greater detail.

Need Professional Help With The Application Process?

The Visa application process is difficult. It is common for self-prepared applications to get rejected. We know how important it is that your application is approved and we are here to make sure that it does.

If you would like to have your application managed by experts who can get you the best outcome, then call 888 Migration Services and talk with us about how we can help.

Call 1300 94 23 94

Get A Consultation

Alternatively you can get our information pack.

Request Our Information Pack